Friday, April 29, 2016

calls - Direct Music Player audio to Caller


Assume you have a call. I would like to play a piece of one song to the caller at one point of discussion, while keeping your voice too in the discussion. I am using Android 6.0 CyanogenMod with Samsung Galaxy S4.


Edited: According to Media Playback's docs, the standard Android system does not allow the feature. However, I am interested in how this restriction works. If the feature works in non-rooted CyanogenMod, then it is not a restriction. Also, I am not sure if Media Playback's manual applies to the whole system.


How can you direct Music Player's output into the ongoing discussion?



Answer



You cannot



Media Playback developer documentation says (emphasis added)



You can play back the audio data only to the standard output device. Currently, that is the mobile device speaker or a Bluetooth headset. You cannot play sound files in the conversation audio during a call



Edit


In response to your edited question:



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...