Friday, April 15, 2016

Can I connect to a shell from a PC to my Android using bluetooth or USB?



I want to run some commands on my rooted android phone. It is not very practical to interact with a shell using the touch screen, therefore I wanted to run a daemon on it and connect to it from a PC. I can't use the wifi connection for that because it is not working properly. I figured that it should be possible to do it via bluetooth or USB, but I could not find information on how to do it.


Is there any ready-to-use solution?



Answer



Yes, just use ADB over USB and run adb shell. See http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/adb.html#shellcommands


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...