Tuesday, April 26, 2016

2.2 froyo - What does the 'Failed to move application. Not enough memory' error mean when choosing 'Move to SD card'?


When I choose 'Settings - Applications - Manage applications' , and a 'Move to SD card' I get the 'Failed to move application. Not enough memory' error.


Anyone know why ?


I am running Froyo 2.2 on a Samsung Galaxy S phone.



I have 1.7GB free of system memory and 13.1 GB internal memory free on the internal SD card.


*UPDATE *


Can someone with an Galaxy S phone please confirm this ? I have seen it on two phones, and really would like to know what's happening here.



Answer



This is a known problem with leaked 2.2 Galaxy S Vibrant software (happened to me). Even if you're not using a Vibrant I would suspect the issue is the same, since the software is mostly the same.


You can fix it using this post at XDA if you have a Vibrant or i9000. If you have another model just check the subforum for your device (or take a risk and try this anyways).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...