Monday, April 4, 2016

rooting - How do I root Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro (MK16a/i)?


I am kind of new to Android and smartphones.


Phone: Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro
Model number: MK16a
Android version: 2.3.4

So far, I have been able to find the following sources:



  • I first saw this XDA-Developers thread. It seems relatively complicated. (And I haven't had much experience with the Linux shell either, so I shy away from this...)


  • The previous thread linked to this thread, which was 'easier'.

    • However, reading the instructions, I need ADB drivers or something. No clue how to get these.

    • Also, avast has blocked parts of the file from downloading. (Zerg rush...?) I can disable avast's web shield temporarily, if you guys recommend this method.



  • This article which mentions a thread similar to the previous one.

  • Android Forums - Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro: All Things Root Guide.


I would rather do this using as foolproof, easy, and unlikely-to-brick method as possible.




Answer




  1. Enable USB debugging from Settings->Applications->Development.

  2. Install SuperOneClick on your PC.

  3. Connect the phone to the PC via USB.

  4. Run SuperOneClick and click Root.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...