Thursday, April 28, 2016

HTC Incredible says SMS storage is full, but it isn't


My HTC Incredible refuses to let me view my SMS messages. It will show the list of SMS senders, but when I click one to see their messages I get blocked by this popup:



Unable to manage your messages because your storage is full. Please delete content from other applications to make more space.




Of course I checked right away to see if I was using too much memory. I went to Menu->Settings->SD & Phone Storage and saw I have plenty of space:


SD card - Available space: 5.72GB


Internal phone storage - Available space: 6.25GB


Phone memory - Available space: 571MB


I have more free memory than used memory so that can't be the problem. I tried restarting my phone as well but no change in message. I also Googled the problem and among all the "me too" responses found that other have this problem where SMS is blocked even though they have plenty of memory.


I couldn't get a clear resolution and I'm worried the answers are now out of date. ZDNet published a couple of articles on the issue:


Have I solved my Droid Incredible storage problem?


Is your Droid Incredible low on disk space?


Both suggest this is HTC's fault and that there is no fix. They say you can try clearing the cache on HTC's apps like Peep, Messages and Mail and also advise clearing the cache on your browsers.



I've tried these techniques, but they didn't work.


Does anyone know what causes this and what solutions exist?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...