Monday, April 18, 2016

4.2 jelly bean - Play Store 4.9.13 insufficient storage error and icon issues


I've been having issues with the Play Store's recent 4.9.13 update on my Blu Dash 4.5. Every time I try to install or update any app that is more than 1 MB, I keep getting an "insufficient storage" error, even though I have about 120MB on the apps partition free. Apps do install and update on an older version, however. In addition, the icons on the Play Store have weird black borders. I have searched all over the internet and I have yet to find a solution for either of these problems. Apparently, most devices affected by these bugs are using MediaTek chipsets and have Android 4.2 on them. My phone is using the stock ROM and is not rooted.


This is what it looks like when I enter the Play Store. You can barely see a black border on the Ice Age Adventures icon.



A better look at the icons.


This app in question is about 2 MB.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...