Friday, April 8, 2016

How to install ADB drivers on Windows 10 (OPO)


Problem: Install ADB drivers (google_usb_drivers) on a Windows 10 client in order to enable debugging for my OnePlus One (OPO).


What I have tried: After some Googling I found several guides telling me to add the devices hardware id to googles driver "android_winusb.inf" under [Google.NTx86] and [Google.NTamd64].



;OnePlus One
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_05C6&PID_6765
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_05C6&PID_6765&MI_01


After manually selecting this file as the driver using Device Manager, I get this error message: The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog(...)


Device Manager Error


Googling this error, I found many references to similar problems with Windows 8.1. They all suggested to (scarily I might add) turn off signature checks on drivers using the command:


bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS


This however, seems to have no effect - I get the same error as before. Have this feature been disabled or changed since Windows 8.1 maybe?


Question: Does anyone know how to get ADB up and running on a Windows 10 machine? If so which steps did you take? Am I completely off with what I've tried so far?



Answer



Try the 15-seconds ADB/drivers all-in-one installer. You could also install the Samsung drivers rather than conventional OnePlus drivers.


I installed these drivers and I've had mine working since the upgrade.


You could also try following this guide on how to set it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...