Monday, April 25, 2016

apps(tasks) restarting even after killing them





Possible Duplicate:
Do I really need to install a task manager?
apps automatically starting?
How can I stop applications and services from running?



I have some apps running in background using cpu all the time and draining my batery. I want to stop them.


I have a latest task manager to kill the background tasks but BUT some of the tasks(apps) are restarting even after killing them, WHY ?


Is there any way to permanently kill a particular task ?



Answer



No, these tasks are services.

And I think the developer starts the service START_STICKY which means, the service get every time restored if killed (normaly not through a taskmanager, only on low memory).

I would suggest you, to remove the task manager. Android is not designed, that the tasks get killed.
If Android need memory, the system frees the ram on it own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...