Friday, April 8, 2016

thumbnails - Not all images showing up in gallery


Some photos do not show up in the gallery app. I can find those particular shots trough the camera app for some reason, and using a file-browser I can find them too. But they will not show up in the gallery.



I found this topic about thumbnail problems. I did what the answer suggested, although it was not exactly the same problem. Sadly it didn't help.


Another topic talks about latency. I don't think "use a quicker phone" is a solution (desire-z is quick enough), and we're talking about a different problem: I have pictures from yesterday not shown, but from today are in there, so the scanner has been running.


Why don't all my photos show in the gallery?


edit: the images do not seem any different. They are all saved in


/mnt/sdcard/DCIM/100MEDIA

called


IMAG0402  //visible
IMAG0403 //invis
IMAG0404 //invis

IMAG0405 //invis
IMAG0406 //visible

(I checked this trough ASTRO browser)



Answer



Try deleting the /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails folder and rebooting your phone. You may need to clear data for Media Storage and possibly the Gallery app/anything related as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...