Wednesday, April 6, 2016

root access - How do I override charging current on Huawei Honor 6?


On SonyEriccson Xperia X10i I do this:


echo 1000 > /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/chg_current

This allows faster charging from computer's USB port (if I know it can source more than 500mA) or limited/prohibited charging in case of I to economize the power of computer.


But how do I do this on Huawei Honor 6? It doesn't seem to have msm_hsusb.




Answer



I can find charger-related data at /sys/class/hw_power/charger/charge_data.


Current can probably be set using cin_limit knob (it does not apply immediately, I need to wait for several seconds. Current is in mA and is probably rounded somehow). Charger can be turned off immediately using echo 0 > enable_charger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...