Sunday, April 10, 2016

security - My phone was just stolen an hour or so ago. Are there any options for tracking?


I realize this is a long shot, but my phone was lost or stolen a few hours ago.


At the time it was stolen, I didn't have any specific applications installed to track it or wipe the data. So... my bad. I'm hoping the fact that I have a pattern lock will at least prevent anyone from accessing my data.


My question is, do I have any options for tracking or data wipe after the fact? (I'm more interested in tracking.)


Note: I have read similar questions, but unless I'm mistaken, they all address the question in terms of preparation before losing the phone. I'm asking about fallback options after losing the phone.



Answer



You can install Plan B remotely to your phone via the Market's web interface. Plan B was made exactly for this, to get the location of your phone AFTER it has been stolen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...