Tuesday, June 14, 2016

settings - How can I disable mobile data completely?


I have a pre-paid plan and don't want to use my mobile data except for two days in the year. However, since there's the quick option button mobile data, I fear I might press the wrong button when I'm dizzy.


So is it possible to deactivate mobile data completely, such that a press on the "mobile data" quick button won't activate it anymore? Or a little bit more drastic: how can I remove that feature from my phone?


If the solution is device specific, I'm looking for an answer for a Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100, running stock 4.1.2), but I would like a general solution.



Answer



Create a dummy APN and select that as default.


With this, even if you enable data accidentally via toggles, it would still not connect.


PS: Added as an answer as suggested by OP



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...