Monday, June 13, 2016

Refund Google Play apps but haven't got my money back


I had purchased a game on Google Play but later I realized that it was too bad, so I requested a refund. I've received a refund email from Google but I haven't received my money back. Is that a problem?


When I opened the Payment History page, it writes Canceled next to that game. I purchased that game using my phone bill.



Answer



No



It's not a problem. Sometimes it takes time to refund. It's happened to me earlier.


Nothing to worry about since you got your confirmation mail as also transaction is cancelled


If you wish to be doubly sure, you can call or chat with Google help from the Google Play Settings → Help and feedback


Edit: Just stumbled on this from Google Play Refund help. If the status shows cancelled it means



If the status is "Cancelled," the order was never charged and so you will not see a credit on your form of payment.



There is also a detailed table for refund timelines. Summary below :





  • Credit or debit card - 3 to 5 business days




  • Direct carrier billing (prepaid / pay-as-you-go) - 1 to 30 business days




  • Direct carrier billing (postpaid / contract) - 1 to 2 monthly statements




  • Google Play balance (gift card or credit balance or Google wallet - one business day





  • Online Banking - 1 to 10 business days




  • PayPal - 3 to 5 business days




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...