Wednesday, June 8, 2016

linux - Android unrecognized by Debian Jessie


I recently migrated from Linux Mint 18 to Debian 8.7.1 (Jessie), with Xfce as desktop manager and Thunar as file explorer.


To my dismay, while Mint recognized my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (CM13 stable) while in MTP mode, Debian blatantly ignored the device.


My question is simple: I was able to interact with my phone by means of adb, but this is a rather cumbersome way of moving files around. Is there a way to make Debian (and Thunar) recognize my phone, while using the MTP protocol?


The only installation disc I used when installing Debian was the DVD 1.




Answer



Here's the relevant Debian page on MTP.
For Xfce:
# apt-get install gvfs-backends
# reboot


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...