Friday, June 3, 2016

os - How can I install pure android and get rid of bloatware?


I am new here and already posted question on one of the google group,

I am curious to know few things regarding android OS.
I have Micromax Canvas HD 116 with Android 4.2.2 installed on it. What I hate is the unnecessary software offered by them, which is not occupying only space but also RAM and affecting speed of device. I just want to get rid of those bloatwares somehow.. I know if I follow some good rooting procedure, I can achieve it.. but is there any way, or official way so that I can manually re-install original pure android OS in my device.


I would be very much obliged if someone would provide some good resource about it.. and which is applicable to any device.


Thanks



Answer



There's no official way to install a "pure Android" ROM: the only official ROM is that provided by the manufacturer.


As sameer says in the comments, you can disable bloatware apps from the settings, with almost the same effect as uninstalling them.


If you want to start from a clean slate, you should look for an AOSP-based custom (unofficial) ROM. Although they aren't always as reliable as the manufacturer's ROM, because they're made by third-party volunteers, for the more popular devices with better manufacturer support they can be very reliable and even better tuned than the original ROM. Start your search at Where can I find stock or custom ROMs for my Android device?


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...