Monday, June 6, 2016

boot - Turn phone on with ADB or Fastboot?



My power button seems to have busted, is there a way I can boot my phone using ADB or Fastboot or some other command line interface?



Answer



When your phone is not turned on it can't have a adb service running (Disregarding the possible technical difficulties it would also be a security issue.)


Try the following instead: 1. Take out your battery and connect the phone to a charger 2. Your phone should now turn on. 3. Insert your battery.


It worked on my current and on my previous phones (ZTE Blade and Huawei U8220) but it may vary by model and manufacturer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...