Tuesday, June 21, 2016

App registered to wrong account; how to fix this?


I have three Google accounts registered to my Android: my main, personal account (let's call it account A), and two volunteer community accounts whose emails I manage (call them accounts B and C).


When I first got the phone, I registered with my account A and later added accounts B and C, so that my primary account is account A.



The problem is that since the upgrade from Android 4.4.4 to Android 5.0, one of my apps has lost its license.


When I try to restore the license, I realise that the app is now registered to account B instead of account A (it shows the email address for account B instead of account A).


Why is it registered to the wrong account? More importantly, how can I fix this?


If possible, I'd prefer not to uninstall and reinstall the app, because I will lose all of my data for that app. But, I'll do it if I have to.


I am using an unrooted Nexus 5, fully updated, Android 5.0.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...