Friday, June 10, 2016

linux - Can't explore files on my Sony Xperia U using my Ubuntu 12.10 laptop


I previously used Ubuntu 12.04. When I connected my phone (Sony Xperia U) in MTP mode, I would be able to see it in Nautilus as a "SEMC HSUSB device" and browse files, copy files, and so on.


Now, I have a new laptop and I've installed Ubuntu 12.10 on it. My device is not recognised any more by Nautilus - I can see that the OS recognises it by seeing the entries that appear in /var/log/syslog - but the phone does not get mounted and I can't think of any way to access the files on the phone and put new files there except the terribly slow Bluetooth.


Has anyone else faced such an issue? Can you help?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...