Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Email-client with Sent emails from many emails under IMAP?


I am struggling to set up graphical email-client program in Debian, more here and here. I have a similar problem with Android. I would like to see Sent -emails in my android phone. How can I see my sent -emails in my Android -phone from many email -addresses?


Profile



I use IMAP. I have currently many devices such as laptop, Android and iPad -- to manage the same emails (some odd lag every-now-and-then). I have many email -addresses connected with apps such as Gmail -app by Google and K-9 Mail where I use IMAP.




Answer



As with IMAP mails are stored centrally on the server, you can see all mails from all IMAP clients. You can automatically store sent mails to a "Sent" folder (instead of only send them and not storing them), which is configured on a per-client basis.



I cannot tell for your desktop clients how to do this, but with K9 you can select the folder in


Menu → More → Settings → Account settings → Folders → Folder for Sent objects


Just in the Folders menu, you will find some more special folders you can define (e.g. for drafts).


Having your "Sent" folder defined on all your clients (and always having defined the same), you should be able to easily view your sent mails from all clients, regardless of the fact from which client a mail was sent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...