Sunday, June 12, 2016

google play store - How do I deal with unknown installation error code -505?


I have a Nexus 7 and it has just been updated to Android 5.



Two apps give me trouble after the system upgrade, games that my kids play. Dumb Ways to Die and VVVVVV. Both of these had icons after the upgrade but when clicked a popup appeared saying "App not installed". I attempt to install them. The download is fine. The install begins. And then an error message:



Unknown error code during application installation: "-505"



The exact same error for both apps. I've restarted the device to no avail.


I have no idea what to do next. Please could some kind soul give me advice on how I might remedy this problem.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...