Saturday, June 18, 2016

Cannot access galaxy nexus via adb



Yesterday my noble Galaxy Nexus (maguro) sacrificed itself to save me when I fell from my mountain bike.


I would like to copy the data to my computer. What is good: the screen and the sim card is broken, but the rest of the phone seems to be still working.


When I plug in the phone on my Linux (Debian) computer, it is detected as multimedia device. However, I cannot access the data, as I would need to unlock the screen (which is broken).


Alternatively, I tried to access the phone using the adb-tools. However, the device is not listed:


$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached

$

I can see my phone in lsusb:



$ lsusb
...
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 04e8:685c Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd GT-I9250 Phone [Galaxy Nexus]
...

I tried some different stuff, like generating a /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules file, but this didn't help.


I also tried to boot the phone to the bootloader, but I didn't succeed - maybe the connection to the volume buttons is broken.


Some additional information that may help: my Galaxy Nexus runs AOKP and Clockworkmod is installed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...