Monday, June 13, 2016

alarm - Inaccurate time? How to fix it?


Sometimes the time on my phone (X10 mini pro) is a little late while in sleep mode. I've experienced differences from 1 to 3 hours. My guess is that the clock system component (if there is such a thing in Android) doesn't get enough CPU time for some reason. This is not a big problem yet, since the clock will show the correct time just a few hundred milliseconds after I turn the screen on. The problem starts when I'm in sleep mode too and the phone is supposed to wake me up, because that way I have to wake up first to wake up my phone to wake me up.


So the question is: is there a way to force my phone's clock to always refresh it's time, even in sleep mode?


Update: I think I've found a pattern which might be relevant. Looks like this behaviour never occurs while charging the battery.




Answer



You can use an app called ClockSync, which fetches time from NTP servers and updates the device's date and time. Rooted users can make this app to update time at configurable interval.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...