Wednesday, June 15, 2016

applications - Is there a reliable way to detect the app responsible for an Airpush ad?


I noticed the other day that my Xoom's notification bar has started receiving Airpush ads (which is what it sounds like - push notifications that are really ads). I'm rather philosophically opposed to the idea of push-ads on my device, so I'd like to remove the offending application, but the ad doesn't give you any way to figure this out. Clicking on the notification star only gives you a link to the advertisement page, and nothing more.


I found Airpush Detector in the Market, but it doesn't seem to work on my Xoom, perhaps because of some Android 3.x differences. When I launch the app it says that no Airpush apps were found, but this is obviously not correct. Another option I've seen is systematically freezing apps using Titanium Backup until I find the guilty one, but that would be very time consuming and I'm not even sure if it would work.


I'm also aware of the permanent opt-out app in the Market, but I really would rather uninstall the app responsible for the ads (again, due to philosophical beliefs).


Is there any way for me to detect the origin of an Airpush ad?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...