Saturday, June 11, 2016

samsung galaxy note 4 - Do I need CFs auto root If I can install TWRP recovery?


I am about to try and root my Samsung galaxy note 4 and install TWRP recovery. I want to avoid any conflicting issues so I would like to know If I need to use CFs auto root first and then install TWRP recovery, or if I can just install TWRP recovery and root with that. Also is v3.10.0 the latest Odin version?


Also, will rooting and installing a custom recovery affect any phone features?



Answer



Rooting and installing a recovery are two entirely different processes which do not interfere with each other. If you can install a recovery without rooting (as far as I know, Odin can do this), I would suggest that you try that and then install a rooting .zip from that recovery, I highly suggest koush's Superuser, the zip can be downloaded from its Google Play page. That way you aren't relying on an exploit to obtain root access.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...