Wednesday, March 2, 2016

security - Force VPN usage?



On an android phone, stock or modded rom, is it possible to force the use of VPN? E.g. only allow traffic tunneled by VPN, don't allow traffic without using VPN to make sure that no unencrypted traffic leaks. Thanks for any hint!



Answer



Answering an old question, I know, but Android 4.2 has "Always-on VPN" in the menu on the VPN Settings page: setting a VPN profile under this will maintain the VPN connection, and only allow network traffic when connected to it.


More info: http://support.google.com/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2819573


(It may have been added in an earlier version of Android, but my Nexus 7 auto-updated before I got around to setting up the VPN :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...