Sunday, March 6, 2016

4.0 ice cream sandwich - How to change my phone model if i have root access?


I have rooted my phone and changed the os with CM9.X.


My phone name was Sony Xperia MINI sk17i. after installing of new os then model name has been changed.


So i want to change this this to that name. I have terminal app & have root access how can i do that, Please advice me.



Answer



WARNING: Messing with your build.prop file can have serious repercussions to your ROM. It is a very 'sensitive' file and can cause unforseen consequences. Doing any of the below is done at your own risk. ALWAYS make a backup before messing with a ROM. I learned this the hard way, don't do what I did!





This should work, though it depends on CM9:


Download Root Explorer for your phone.




  1. Open root explorer, go to /system, and Search Build.prop




  2. Open with text Editor





  3. Search your baseband and device model Don't edit anything except baseband, custom ROM and device model.




  4. Reboot




  5. Look in Settings → About





EDIT: Here is an alternative method for doing the same using ES file explorer. I haven't tested this myself, but it has more detail for a beginner. See XDA Developers forum.


EDIT 2: build.prop Editor is an app to modify your build.prop directly. I have NOT tested this either so use at your own risk. Link to source code in the description in the play store.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...