Thursday, March 17, 2016

How to mimic tilt & shake controls in BlueStacks?


I am running BlueStacks (beta-1) on an old Windows laptop which doesn't have accelerometer & gravity sensor.


Many Android games support physical key mapping using which I can use physical keyboard of my Laptop to play Android games. If a game doesn't support key mapping, I can still play it.. not always effectively, but I can play it. Tap, long tap, swipe is fine with mouse.
When it comes to tilt & shake controls, many games like Ripetide GP allows to switch to touch-based controls. The problem arises when tilt & shake controls are mandatory. For example, I can't play Temple Run after few meters because of that.


How to mimic tilt & shake controls?


Update:
My laptop features free-fall protection which I guess utilises some kind of accelerometer. I don't know how accurate it is in non-linear dimension, but can it be utilized with BlueStacks?



Answer




For tilting, from: Bluestacks Goes Into Beta, Supports More Apps



The latest version of Bluestacks also offers accelerometer support. No, you won’t have to tilt your computer to use it, just hit the arrow keys – the up arrow tilts forward, the down arrow tilts back toward you, and the left and right arrows tilt left and right (surprise surprise).



Unfortunately for shake as of from four months back, from: Need to shake the "phone" how i do this ?



This functionality is not available with current version of Bluestacks app player.


Stay tuned for future version with its fix.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...