Thursday, March 10, 2016

reboot - Is there a way to preserve tabs that were open in Froyo 2.2's stock browser?


When my Droid X's Froyo 2.2 browser gets killed for whatever reason (reboot, memory manager killing it), it loses 100% of its open tabs and reopens with Google's home page in a single tab.


If you have 7-8 open tabs, restoring them from History (especially if some were used via Google Mobile URL that all look the same in history tab) is a uber-major pain.



Is there a way to preserve tabs that were open in Froyo 2.2's stock browser, ala saving session state in Firefox, IR or Chrome (at least on desktop)?


NOTE: "Upgrade from Froyo" is not an option, neither is "use FireFox mobile" - for some reason FF and my Droid X don't play well (FF gets completely frozen once an hour usually requiring full battery pull). The question is specifically about Googe's Android Stock browser.


However, if the stock browser from Android 2.3 and on fixes the problem AND can be installed on Froyo 2.2, I'm quite happy with that as an answer.


P.S. Ironically, my problem is the opposite of the one discussed here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...