Tuesday, March 15, 2016

applications - How disk space is used on Android device?


I have critical low storage level and can't understand what takes much of it and how that's possible that the installed applications can use 7 GB? I only use a few social media clients without any games or soft like Photoshop. Also on the second screenshot it indicates that the apps are using just 1.13 GB and so I can't understand the situation. Also what is the "Other"?





Answer



As far as I understood the apps take so much space because of cache files, additional data, backups, photos, videos and etc. Size that shown in App Cleaner is just about the size of .apk files without any other related data and files to those apps. It is all cleanable but could cause the loss of the information and unpredicted behavior of an app.



Originally question was made because I was looking for methods to free up some space on my device so here is another way that I found:



After clearing Download Manager's data my disk space on the phone got relief of 3.3GB.


And the interesting thing is that the apps and phone behavior is not affected after this, so much space were used in vain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...