Sunday, March 20, 2016

2 step verification - How to migrate accounts to new Google Authenticator app?



I broke my cellphone which had the Google Authenticator app and several other accounts attached to it for two factor authentication like Dropbox, Evernote, AWS, etc. Now I got a new phone and installed the Google Authenticator app on it as per the instructions given here - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185834?hl=en#phone


But now in this app I don't see codes for other accounts (Dropbox, Evernote, etc.). Is there a way to get all of them migrated to this new app or I need to recreate them? Also, if I need to recreate them, how do I do it, because Evernote won't even let me sign in from any device w/o two factor authentication code. I can use backup codes for some accounts, but I don't have backup codes for all of them?


Please provide some suggestions. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...