Monday, March 21, 2016

settings - Disable Missed Call Notifications


Is there a way to disable missed call notifications? I haven't found it in any settings on the device, but I'm wondering if anyone knows a trick to disable them. Possibly an app that someone knows of?


Background: I use Google Voice, which also tells me about missed calls. When I miss a call that the phone itself gets, I get a duplicate notification that sticks around until I go into the call log. I don't want to lose the Google Voice notifications, because they also tell me if I missed calls outside of signal range or when the phone is off.


EDIT: I don't think there is a real solution to this, so I have submitted an Android feature request. If you are interested in this feature, please go star the issue or post your thoughts.



Answer



Tasker is a pretty awesome app that basically lets you write little apps/functionality, yourself.


A simple solution, using Tasker, is as follows:




  1. Create a new tasked called 'MissedCall'

  2. For the '1st context' choose State>Missed Call. Click OK

  3. Click Done

  4. Task selection, choose New Task

  5. Name it 'GetRidOfMissedCalls'. OK

  6. Click Add, choose Phone > Call Log. Click Done

  7. Click the + button to add another task

  8. Choose App > Go Home. Click Done

  9. Click Done, again


  10. Your task is now setup and you should be in the Tasker profile list, click Apply.


Basically what happens is that when you have a missed call Tasker will open up the Call Log list, which will get rid of the notification, Tasker will then return you to your home screen. I assume that most of you missed calls occur when the phone is in your pocket etc. so hopefully the behaviour of returning to the home screen is ok.


There will be a system flag for missed calls, and if I could find out what it is then we could just get Tasker to switch the flag to false (or missed call count =0), which would be a more elegant solution to the problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...