Saturday, March 26, 2016

backup - Can downloaded Android emails be backed up?


Helpfully the nice chaps at TalkTalk accidentally deleted my mailbox. They are in process of trying to recover it but is not looking promising.


I have a snapshot of some of the emails downloaded to my android phone using the standard email app and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to backup or archive these so if I were to update my phone I wouldn't lose them and could still access them moving forward.


I have looked into several email backup apps but they all seem to require a connection to my mailbox which is not currently possible. Presumably the downloaded emails must be stored somewhere on my phone to access and backup. Rooting confuses me slightly but assume this may be the only option if someone could guide me through this or advise an easier way that would be great!


Many thanks in advance. Shaun




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...