Sunday, March 13, 2016

wi fi - How do I diagnose a WiFi Error when the phone just reports "Unknown"?


I have a Motorola Atrix (MB860) running Android 2.3.6. Just today the Wi-Fi suddenly stopped working; On the Quick Settings display it just shows "Unknown", on the phone's Wi-Fi Settings display it just shows "Error" and Wi-Fi won't turn on.


I've tried turning it off and back on several times, and I've tried pulling the battery twice. I have installed Log Collector, but looking through the log I can't see anything even remotely relevant.


Talking to AT&T (God love 'em) on a previous Wi-Fi issue several months ago, they just blew me off and said they don't help with Wi-Fi issues, so I am not confident in getting help from that direction. If I have my phone replaced, my company will force me to get an iPhone due to a new Apple-only company policy. So I am on my own.


How might I go about diagnosing the problem?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...