Sunday, March 6, 2016

How can I cancel an Android Device Manager Erase command?


Using Android Device Manager from my PC, several devices are listed, including one that no longer belongs to me. While attempting to remove this device from my list I inadvertently sent an 'Erase' command to the other devices. Fortunately, none of these devices had Android Device Manager enabled as a device manager, so the request was ignored. Phew! But I'm now a bit concerned that the request will be pending, and that at some time in the future an Android software upgrade will enable Device Manager and my data will disappear.


Can anyone tell me a way of cancelling the 'Erase' command, or whether the command will 'time-out' at some time?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...