Thursday, March 10, 2016

rooting - How to "safely" root a Motorola XT320 (running Android 2.3.6 / Gingerbread) without loosing data?


Related to this question: How to extract calendar data from the stock calendar app of Android Gingerbread (2.3.6) without a Google account?


How can I "safely" root a Motorola XT320 phone running Android 2.3.6 / Gingerbread? It is my intent to do this without loosing any data. Through root privileges, I hope to gain access to certain data on the phone (a local calendar) which I want to backup.


I have to admit I am new to this field. As far as I can tell, the most recommended app for this purpose appears to be KINGO ROOT. Unfortunately, my phone is not on the compatibility list. If I understand the matter correctly, this rules out a relatively "safe", mostly non-invasive exploit-based root approach and only leaves flashing certain parts of the ROM as an option. The latter should only be done after a backup of all essential data has been made ...


Because this phone and its OS are rather old, I was wondering whether anybody around here has any (past) experience that could help me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...