Tuesday, March 15, 2016

recovery mode - Samsung 4 left in rain and now black screen - can i recover files?


My Samsung S4 (in an otterbox) was left in a downpour for about 10 mins. I brought it in, shook water out (only a little came out) and then (not knowing) plugged it into USB to try to upload files (I KNOW NOW DUMB) within a few mins, screen went black. So then I put vacuumed it and put it in a combo of rice and silica gel for two days. It has power but has a black screen and I was using the lock screen feature and had a password on it..... Is my data on my SIM Card? Can I get my SIM card reprogrammed for another phone and try to get to my files that way? I don't care about my phone just want the data recovered...




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...