Wednesday, March 16, 2016

applications - Change desktop icon of an app (.apk file)



I have an app that I like very much, I use it everyday, but I dislike its desktop icon.


How can I change the desktop icon of this app ? Should I do it directly by opening the .apk file (with which tool?) ?



Answer



You can try apk edit.



  1. Launch apk edit.exe and load the apk file you need to change icon

  2. The exe will display the app icon and name under General tab

  3. You can change the icon and load the apk back to the phone


Note : This process will cause problem on update of the app.



When google play notifies the update, you can uninstall the app, install the app again and change the icon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...