Friday, January 1, 2016

Whatsapp contact usernames


This is bugging me about Whatsapp. My contact list in the app is presumably the list of contacts I have in my phone book who have whatsapp. I can see their picture and status if they have one. But their actual usernames are as I have inputted them into my phonebook. However, I'm sure it should appear as they have chosen their names to be (because I can choose how I want my name to be in the edit profile section). It may seem trivial but I'm worried I'm missing something or have done something wrong - does anyone know? Thanks.



PS I have a samsung galaxy s2 android 4.1.2



Answer



No. Your WhatsApp contact list will display the names you chose for the numbers in your phonebook.


The nickname a user has is only displayed if he/she's not in your phonebook and he/she's posting in a group you're in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...