Thursday, January 14, 2016

titanium backup - Convert installed app to system app



I used Link2SD and Titanium too. Both of them failed. I want to convert a GPS Spoofer to system app. I tried to move it manually, but in all 3 cases, the app is completely removed from the drawer. Is there any method?


I am on Samsung J200G rooted with TWRP flashing.



Answer



SuperSU version v2.73 installed by you is systemless as confirmed by you using methods mentioned here How to find that I am rooted with Systemless


Systemless root does not permit changes to be made by you to /system by default. See Systemless Root for details. This is most likely the reason that you are unable to convert installed apps to system apps


To enable this, you have two options:




  1. Follow instructions here Enable /system write in TWRP - Systemless root to make /system writable and then try to install. This should solve the problem (I am also on systemless root but made it writable following this). If this doesn't work, next option below





  2. Revert to traditional root - see Switch over from systemless root to system (traditional) root




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...