Sunday, January 3, 2016

adb - How can I find out which bands my phone supports



Background:
I recently bought the Padfone X, and have been attempting to get it on my network. Part of this effort has been verifying information I have found online which claims that it supports LTE band 4.



4G-LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 17



My network operator claims to support most phones that support AWS, specifically phones that operate on the 1700/2100 spectrum (which I believe corresponds to 4G-LTE band 4 / AWS 4 / etc.)


Problem:
Because I can't trust what I have read, I have been trying to answer this question: How can I find out what bands my phone supports just using Android / Apps?


What I have tried:
I have looked at this question asking about the current frequency band, which led me to try the two "secret codes" listed in the answers:




  • *#*#0011#*#*: Recognized as a code, but does nothing.

  • *#*#4636#*#*: This brings up phone information, but I don't see anything that looks frequency related. Screenshot here.


The device is rooted, so I can use adb shell to muck about if need be, but I don't know where to look.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...