Saturday, January 2, 2016

How to paste text between existing words?


When writing on Android, such as YouTube comments, I sometimes need to change word orders or paste words. Cutting an existing word is easy: just long press the word and then select "Cut". But I have been having difficulties in pasting the test at the right position.


For example, let's say that I have copied "vicious" in the clipboard, and I want to paste it into an existing sentence "I saw a dog." between "a" and "dog". If I try to long-press the space between "a" and "dog", the word "dog" gets selected. I can then select "Paste", but then the current selection gets replaced by it, which is not what I want. I cannot find anyway to past a word without selecting anything.


I am using Gboard (Google Keyboard).



Answer





  1. Select the Google symbol in the top left of Gboard.


Gboard menu



  1. Select the -I-.


Gboard other menu



  1. Use the arrows to move the cursor where you want to paste the word. Select paste.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...