Friday, January 29, 2016

home screen shortcuts - How to create link to app that does not appear in the apps menu?


I just purchased a Galaxy Note 3 and was surprised that the Voice Recorder app is not included on the screen with the rest of the apps. However, the Voice Recognition feature opens the Voice Recorder app when I say "Open voice recorder". Thus, obviously the app is installed. How can I the app to either the list of apps or even better yet, to one of the "home screens"?


Note that my device in not in English, so I'm not sure of the English names of all the windows. However, to open the app I do say in English "Open voice recorder" so I know that is the name of the app.


Previous Samsung devices, such as the S3, had this app on the screen with all the other apps.



Answer



It turns out that on the Galaxy Note 3 that the Voice Recorder app is hidden away inside a folder called, simply, "Samsung". There is no visual distinction between a folder and between an app, so I had no reason to suspect that there was anything of value or interest to be had by clicking the icon named Samsung.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...