Thursday, January 21, 2016

sd card - Is it safe to manually delete the contents of the .Trash-1000 folder on my SDCard?


Can anyone please provide an explanation (or a good resource) of how the folder /mnt/sdcard/.Trash-1000 functions and whether or not it was safe to manually delete its contents? Based on the name and the way it seemingly acts it would be logical to assume that it's a garbage folder, but you know what happens when you assume...


In case it matters I'm running CyanogenMod 6.2.1 (based on Android 2.2.1) on my Motorola Droid.



Answer



.Trash-1000 is a metafolder like Windows's Recycle Bin, normally created by Ubuntu (and perhaps other Linux variants). Have you deleted anything on your SD card from your PC? That would explain it. You can safely delete it. See also: https://superuser.com/questions/169980/what-is-trash-and-trash-1000


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...