Friday, January 22, 2016

security - Can Hike messenger steal our whatsapp data


As per new update of Hike messenger, giving reward upto ₹10000 for making your friend join Hike. To do this Hike asks accessbility permission. And when you refer a friend or a group, all messeges starts showing in Hike. So now I guess Hike can read our all whatsapp text messages and media shared.


But the problem is that after getting accessibility permission, it can read all the notification, even OTPs of our transaction. So how can I assure my security and privecy.



Is it a big concern or am I missing something with their terms and condition?



Answer



"The problem is that after getting accessibility permission, it can read all the notification, even OTPs of our transaction. So how can I assure my security and privacy?"


Turn off SMS, NOTIFICATION ACCESS permissions to that app.


IMG:


Kindly add more details about your smartphone so I can answer better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...