Tuesday, January 26, 2016

charging - My phone doesn't always charge at full speed, even with certain 2-amp chargers. What are the necessary conditions for it to charge at full speed?


I've noticed that my Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn't always charge at its maximum rate of charge, even when it seemingly should. For example, car DC adapters that claim to provide up to 2.0A current only provides 500mA. I've also tried connecting the OEM AC adapter to a car inverter**, with the same result of a ~500mA charge rate. On the other hand, when connected to an AC outlet through the same charger, the device draws 1200mA*.


I previously owned an Galaxy S3 which I think started having similar issues at some point, possibly after a system update.


What conditions are required for Android devices to draw greater than the 500mA current provided by a USB 2 data connection? Have these conditions changed with successive versions of the Android OS?


*: Measurements of current draw made by Ampere


**: I asked this question a few days ago and it has attracted very little attention, so I'm now asking a more general question.



Answer



I would recommend you to change the USB wire and replace it with a good USB wire.


I have seen that over time the wire gives lower charging value and it's unable to give output as of newer cable. There is no issue with the charger in this case ( 2A or 1A charger).




  • just change the USB wire

  • connect it to phone and charger.

  • check the values of the current flow in application like galaxy charging


I am sure that you would get desired output if you follow these step


This same method worked for me. And also make sure that you give full cycle to the battery when charging.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...