Thursday, January 7, 2016

Is there a viable alternative to MTP for file transfer?


Since the latest versions (ICS+?) no longer have mass storage, is there any viable alternative to MTP?


The protocol seems inherently broken and the decision to regress to this format seems like a very 'iphone-esque' move (dumb things down, take away power from the users).


There seem to be numerous problems (eg) with files not showing and it seems to me that transferring a file should be simpler than requiring a system reboot - I am unreasonably demanding that way.


I'm aware of tools like Wi-Fi file transfer but often I find myself in areas without wifi, with just my laptop, phone and a usb cable. The other day, for example, I was one a plane, which is an environment decidedly non-conducive to using a wireless system.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...