Thursday, January 28, 2016

usb - Any success with external microphones for Android phones or tablets?


What's the best way to record a video with high quality audio? Specifically, this is for a presentation where a microphone could be placed by the speaker. I know that an app that records with the right codec is necessary, but what about the microphone?


I'd prefer to use a USB mic but, even though Android 3.1+ supports USB host mode, it doesn't appear that this is easy to accomplish. What about a 3.5mm microphone - would that yield acceptable results, or would it be better to stick with the built-in microphone? Are any of the video-recording apps capable of handling the microphone?



Answer



It's not a USB mic, but I have found a solution for external mic via 3.5 mm jack.


Look at my answer on this question: How do I use an external microphone with my Galaxy Nexus?



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...