Sunday, January 31, 2016

Google+ Auto Backup failed


When looking at my photos in the Google+ app, at the bottom is a footer that says "Backup failed" with a retry button. The backup still fails when I click Retry.


Is there a way to find out why Auto Backup is failing so I can correct the problem?



Answer




Taking advice from this post: http://productforums.google.com/d/msg/google-plus-discuss/d3s4VKI3yWo/bq39QiqknWoJ



Another solution that worked for me was turning off Standard size in the Auto Backup settings altogether. When taking a new 8MP jpg using my camera and when Photo Size was set to Full Size in Google+, all the photos seem to be successfully uploading without error. This further confirms that the error is arising when Google+ is trying to convert larger jpgs to standard size.



I tried taking pictures at different resolutions, from 1.9MP to 8MP. 3.8MP and below uploaded without a problem. Anything with a higher resolution still failed.


So, the solution for now seems to be:



  1. take pictures at a lower resolution


or




  1. Change the Photo Size setting in Auto Backup from "Standard size" to "Full size"


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...