Monday, November 11, 2019

usb - Make a device appear in ADB


I have a Zen Touch 2, a Cyclone Voyager and a Samsung galaxy Fame, all configured for USB debugging.



I also have a laptop running Ubuntu 12.04, the standard ADB obtained from apt-get, and Fastboot obtained from apt-get.


My problem is that when I plug in my Fame on it's own, I can see it in the list of attached devices when I run the adb devices command. However, when I attach the others, I cannot.


I have plugged them in on their own and tried all 4 different ports. Switching to PTP doesn't work. And it is not just the devices command.


How can I make them appear and allow me to use them?



Answer



Maybe you are missing udev rules for the other device manufacturers?


A rule for samsung is probably included by default.


Look here for instructions http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...