Sunday, November 17, 2019

external sd - App2sd - Changing the SD Card


I plan to purchase a new micro SD card for my phone, I use app2SD for most of my programs, so what I wonder is what will happen if I get the new SD card, will I be able to copy the content of the old card onto the new card and still operate the phone as if nothing was changed?



Answer



Yes, I did that myself, like this:



  1. power the phone off and remove the old SD card

  2. mount the old SD on a PC, copy its entire contents somewhere on your hard disk

  3. mount the new SD card on a PC, format it as FAT or FAT32 (make sure it's the same file-system as the old one)

  4. copy the contents of the old SD card onto the new one

  5. insert the new SD card into the phone, power it on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...